Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spicy Mac N Cheese

I am a mac n cheese snob. I cannot stand the fake powdered cheese boxed versions. I never buy it because it doesn't even occur to me that there may be other people out there who actually like it. Hot Stuff, on the other hand, really likes any mac n cheese. This recipe is the compromise we came to, and let me tell you we are both very happy! Even the Tiny Men will eat this one, and that is saying something! (I tone down the spiciness if I know the kiddos will be eating it). I have frozen this recipe before, and it holds up pretty well, but in general I think it is best hot out of the oven!

Spicy Mac N Cheese
2 -3 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
1/4 cup hard butter or 1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup flour
3 cups milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Cook and drain macaroni; rinse with cold water. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter or margarine in a pot. Stir in the flour. Add the milk and cook, stirring frequently until thickened and all the globs of flour are mixed in. Add the seasonings and continue stirring. When the pasta is done, pour into a greased baking dish, add sauce and cheese. Stir until well mixed. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.

Freezing Instructions:Follow all instructions until baking. Cover dish and freeze. To serve, defrost and bake at 375 for 25/30 minutes.

I hope you enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I never find that aluminum keeps anything warm particularly well. Probably because aluminum is a conductor, meaning energy flows easily throughout it, not the other way around as a lot of you have mistakenly said.

    insulated food containers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!custom drinkware

    ReplyDelete

’recentPowered By Blogger Widgets
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...